This winter weather has been brutal on my skin. Luckily, I have perfected my skincare routine so that this winter wind isn’t too drying or harsh on the delicate skin on my face. As an oily girl, I use a lot of products specifically for oil control and hydration. Oily skin is actually dry and is over producing oil to make up for the lack of hydration. Since using solely hydrating products in my routine, I have noticed a decrease in the areas of my skin that are oily and the amount of oil that it produces. My skin also looks a lot healthier and has a natural glow.
- The first step in my routine is always cleansing. No matter what group of products I use I always start with a cleanser. My current favorite is the Origins Zero Oil Deep Pore Cleanser. I have been using this for a couple of months now and it leaves my skin feeling clean without being overly drying. It has also helped with the oil that my skin produces, helping combat acne.
- The next step is a toner. I believe everyone should use a toner no matter your skin type because it helps to prep your skin for the remaining products. It also helps to pick up anything that your cleanser may have missed. I love The Body Shop Vitamin E Aqua Boost Essence Lotion, it gives my skin some much needed hydration and removes any left over makeup easily.
- I always follow my toner up with a serum. Serums are concentrated products that target specific needs. I use the Trader Joe’s Hyaluronic Moisture Boost Serum to give my skin extra hydration. It’s a water based serum and water is the most hydrating for your skin. It’s lightweight and doesn’t leave my skin feeling heavy or sticky. The price is also a great bonus.
- My fourth product is for the eyes. The skin under my eyes can sometimes appear dark and I have a few fine lines. In the mornings I use the LUA Eye Beam Oil to help target the fine lines and any puffiness, and in the evenings I use the Specific Beauty Lighten & Brighten Eye Cream to target the darkness and fine lines.
- As an oily girl, moisturizing is one of the most important steps, right after hydrating. It keeps my skin from getting dry and over producing oil. I always seem to go back to the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel. It’s made specifically for oily skin and it makes my face feel moisturized without the heaviness of a night cream. I’m not left feeling dry after a few hours like many light weight moisturizers.
- This is just an added step that I personally like. Rose water gives me an extra spritz of hydration towards the end of my routine and it makes it easier to apply the facial oil all over. I love the Trader Joe’s Rose Water Facial Toner. You can use it as your toner or just keep it in your bag all day for when you’re feeling a bit dry or oily.
- Finally [I know, it’s been a long ride] I apply a facial oil. Remember, OILS ARE NOT MOISTURIZERS, but they are good for sealing all of that hydration and moisture that you just applied. It also gives you a nice glow at the end. I am not picky about my facial oils, I usually grab whatever looks interesting at T.J. Maxx and currently I am loving the Provence Beauty Facial Oil with Jojoba, Rosehip, and Clary Sage.
Here’s a video showing how I apply the products and my general routine.
I hope this helped or at least gave you some ideas about your own routine. What are some of your favorite skin care products? Let me know in the comments!
2 Comments Add yours