We have all had those mornings where we wake up late and seem to only have 30 minutes to go from a complete mess to put together. Some of us (read: me) have those mornings pretty often and because of this I have managed to perfect my 5 minute morning makeup routine. This routine uses minimal makeup but enough to make us look refreshed and ready for the day.
Primer, brow products, mascara, concealer, blush, highlighter, finishing spray
***I always start off with a freshly clean face and apply my skin care products. I don’t like to apply any makeup before I do my skin care routine because it gives my skin the necessary hydration and moisture that it needs to get through the day.***
- PRIMER: I start by applying primer all over my face and neck. I like the TooFaced Hangover Replenishing Face Primer because it hydrates and moisturizes my skin without looking overly greasy.
- BROWS: I have pretty full eyebrows so I only use an eyebrow pencil to outline them and lightly fill them in, making sure they do not look too dark. I love the Kat Von D Signature Brow Precision Pencil and the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz, both in Dark Brown.
- MASCARA: I put on a few coats of mascara to make my eyes pop and look more awake. My favorite mascara is the TooFaced Better Than Sex Mascara because it lengthens my lashes and gives them a full look without too much application.
- CONCEALER: I apply concealer on my under eye area, around my nose and my forehead. These are the areas where my pores are largest and I have some dark spots, since I am not using foundation I still want to cover them up a little and I use the Fenty Beauty Match Stix Matte Skinstick in Truffle.
- BLUSH: I like to put on a few swipes of a cream blush to give my face some color. My current favorite blush to use is the Donore Cosmetics Dragonberry Royale Lip & Cheek Pod and I really love the ColourPop Super Shock Cheek Blush in Bardot.
- HIGHLIGHTER: I apply highlighter to my cheekbones, nose, chin, and forehead just to give myself a slight glow. I feel like the highlighter is what brings the look together and gives the impression that you took time to get ready. I love the Sephora Collection Radiant Luminizing Drops in Ultralight because it gives a very natural glow and doesn’t look like you just threw glitter on your face.
- FINISHING SPRAY: I finish off by spraying my face with rose water or another finishing spray for max hydration.
I hope this quick routine is helpful, what are some of your go-to products to use in the morning when you are in a rush? Let me know in the comments!